Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
-- Anonymous


Chaos is the word of the week.
I am blessed with three little girls, all under 6. Two of them did not sleep through the night and the other one woke up at 5am. I am pretty confident that I can actually feel a wrinkle forming on my face from lack of sleep and stress over a sick baby this week. And I as I sit here writing this, I am staring at the GINORMOUS pile of laundry that is in front of me ... 90 percent of it is pink. The other 10 percent is my husbands. Its weeks like this that makes Starbucks all of its money - sleep deprived over worked mothers keep them in business. But even with all the chaos, there is nothing in my life I would change. It may be chaotic and I may be on the verge of going crazy... but I'm in good company- right Becki?
It was our pleasure this week to make the cake shown above for a new mommy to be. One of the greatest joys of our job is that most of the time when we make a cake, it is because there is a celebration going on- and what a great thing to be able to help celebrate! The life of a new baby girl! So to the soon to be new mommy- we say congratulations! You are about to meet the biggest joy you will ever encounter, lose more sleep than you ever thought possible and become part of the growing group of mommies who woke up this morning to find yet another wrinkle forming on our faces from wearing our heart on our sleeve. But it is so so worth it! Thank you for the opportunity of serving you in creating a cake to celebrate the life inside of you- we are excited for your journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment